I am an accomplished multitasker. This is one of very few things I do better than Kyle. I think men are more one-task-minded. Yesterday I did some fabulous multitasking while the kids were at school and Kara was napping. She took a marathon nap because she's been keeping me up in the wee hours of the morning hoping to eat. But I'm holding out! Back to the tasks. I was flitting back and forth between the following tasks:
laminating
dishes
sweeping
vacuuming
talking on phone
checking/sending email
making dinner
baking bread
There's nothing that makes you feel more accomplished than getting several small things checked off a long to-do list. Well, I feel accomplished. I resumed multitasking again today, but got distracted by a cute baby laughing and squealing at me. Then H needed help making a Lego biplane and I started telling him about people who did tricks on those planes in "the olden days." Ha! Some things are better than being organized or checking off a to-do list. Playing with my kids is one of those things.
3 comments:
yeah for playing with kids! Congrats on effective multi tasking. So cool that you have a laminator! And I really like your haircut, by the way. Are you still liking it? I'm not pregnant.
As soon as I started reading this post I figured "talking on the phone" had to be on the list since I spent a good chunk of the morning chatting with you. What fun! I miss you.
You're such a good Mom! Your kids will definitely remember you playing with them, but I'm not sure if they'll care how much you got done, so good job to you!
Post a Comment