
Kara Jane is 5 months old today. Here's a picture her Aunt Mandie took of her at Christmas. I was starting to get paranoid about her lack of developmental progress so I looked up in one of those books the things she should be doing. She wasn't doing about three of them. I wasn't really worried, since most babies do just fine, but I was watching out for new tricks. Then, in a matter of two days, she did all of them. How do doctors and child development specialists decide that making a "wet razzing sound" is a developmental milestone? Kara mastered that one yesterday as she razzed rice cereal right into my eyebrow. Good girl! She's not rolling over quite yet, but she can babble consonants "baa baa baa", grab her feet and rock to the side, and rake a raisin into her fist. She was a little sad when I took the raisin away from her. What doctor decided to use a raisin as the object to let 5 month old babies try to get? They can't eat raisins!
Anyway, I know most of you have babies and think "big whoop", but somehow it's a wondrous thing every time a baby reaches certain milestones, especially when it's your baby. We love our Kara!
Amy
1 comment:
She's just darling! It's weird to have a Peterson baby we haven't met...yet, right?
Post a Comment