That's what I was thinking when I finished my 10K training run last Saturday in 7 degree, snowy weather. The same thought crossed my mind as I headed out in 3 degree weather this morning at 6:30am. Is this marathon thing going to be worth it? I think it will, but I will have to keep you posted. Reevaluation is definitely an option.
I will say this, though. If you're dressed properly, running in 3 degree weather isn't half bed. I was actually pretty warm. I did pick up some new gloves today to replace the ones with the holes I was wearing, and I think I'll get a better wind/water repelling jacket, but other than that I'm set! My friend Amy wears the headlamp and the safety vest to lead us all out in the dark and cold. And if it's going to be -14 in the morning, like it was on Monday, I think I just hop on the treadmill and call it good.
Thanks to Jillian for taking this picture from our front door. She was too cold to come out all the way or to get a straighter picture. Guess she's not quite as tough as her old mom.
Amy
2 comments:
Brr!!! That sounds way too cold for me! I don't blame Jillian one bit. Good for you, though.
Dang, it sounds like I'm missing out on the hard core running. Jan and I were just scratching the surface last year. The 8 degrees in what felt like lingerie, though, is helping me remember not to miss it too much. Hooray for you. At least it will be warmer (10, 15?) by the time your really long runs come around.
Post a Comment