Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wind Chill Factor

Today is the coldest day of the winter, thus far. I hope there are none colder. With the wind chill factored in, we are at negative temps all day. No one goes outside, no one comes to visit, and everyone is isolated in their homes. Which is kind of sad. Reminds me of a song we had on a record when I was growing up. It might have been Janeen Brady's "Watch Me Sing" record, but I was six and didn't pay much attention to details. The words go like this:

"Hey-a-ay, won't somebody come and play-a-ay with me?
I'm all alone (and here's where I lose it)

Hurry, hurry come and play."

This is how I feel today! I recorded a voice file of me singing the song, but I haven't figured out how to get it posted here. That's probably a good thing, since I'm not known for my a Capella solos. But it might have made you laugh!

And that's all from me today,

Amy the Prolific Poster

5 comments:

Megs said...

It is freezing today. I don't know why I picked today to take Blake to Targer, Meijer, and JoAnns. I hate being couped up (did I spell that right?) all day long. At least the sun is sort of out. Please find a way to put the file on the blog. I am sure it is amazing!

Anonymous said...

"I'm all alone, would you like to spend an hour or two? I'd like to play with you..."

I'd have come to play if we were neighbors, Yma! :)

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

At least the extreme cold brings out the blogger in you! Thanks for all of the posts. Disney dollars are such a great idea. You are an amazing mom. Keep a catalog of good ideas for me so I can call as Jack gets older.

Amy D said...

I totally remember that song! Wish I could have heard you sing it.

Polliwog said...

I miss you! But I don't miss your cold weather. Thanks for reminding me of my many weather-related blessings.