A friend of mine, Polliwog, posts on a blog called Marathon Mommy. Several of the mommies decided to dedicate their runs on Saturday to President Hinckley. Well, the movement is spreading like wildfire. Originally they wanted to gather 97 miles, but now they're trying to get 97 runners. Here's the link to the post if you want to read more about it. I realize not everyone out there is a runner, but I would challenge you to do something to better yourself on Saturday in remembrance of a great man, a great prophet. Even those who aren't members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints can be inspired by his life and words. There have been many around here offering words of condolences and love; I've been touched by the kindness and goodwill. And here are President Hinckley's words to inspire you:
Each of us can do a little better than we have been doing. We can be a little more kind. We can be a little more merciful. We can be a little more forgiving. We can put behind us our weaknesses of the past, and go forth with new energy and increased resolution to improve the world about us, in our homes, in our places of employment, in our social activities . . . We can do it, if we will be prayerful and faithful. We can do better than we have ever done before.
So if you're headed out for a run on Saturday, spend a few miles (or yards) thinking about how to better yourself and the world around you. I know what I'll be doing for my nine miles.
Just an idea.
Amy
3 comments:
I just wrote a post about President Hinckley too! I put on a similar quote as well. How fun to do your challenge. I'll definitely go to the link and check it out. Thanks!
How about I think about that for a few miles in my car? I will drive to the gym, does that count?
I am going to go for a run.
-Brian
Post a Comment