This isn't the picture of President Hinckley I wanted to post. I really love the ones where he is outside at a temple ground-breaking ceremony with his hat and coat on. I think he looked quite dashing in a hat. And I love thinking about his hand, waving to those who came to see him. Once, when I was walking to a regional conference at Ricks College, a car drove up on the wide path next to me. It was President Hinckley's car. He waved to all the students walking nearby as his car slowly made its way to the building. He was about 5 feet away from me. His presence was electrifying. It caught me off guard. I felt a surge of love for him, for his work and sacrifice, for his love for the members of the church and the people of the world. I appreciate how he always asked us to be a little better, to do a little more. This morning, when I heard of his death, one of my first thoughts was "I am so happy for him." It seems like he has missed his wife Marjorie a lot since her passing a few years ago, and I am sure they have enjoyed a sweet reunion. I will miss his leadership and guidance, but he lived a very full life. What a wonderful prophet.Amy
2 comments:
How neat that you got to be so close to him. I agree with you. That must have been a very sweet reunion. I'm glad they can be together again. We'll just miss him here! What an incredible man.
Amen sister! I thought the same thing. A man at work was asking me if I was worried about getting a new prophet and I told him a little about the First Presidency, 12 Apostles, and the Seventy. No, I'm not worried.
Post a Comment