Since the kids were home from school on Tuesday, we needed a project! We decided to make a grateful tree. The leaves were made by painting cardstock with beautiful fall colors. We then used large leaf punches to make the perfect oak and maple leaves. The result is quite nice, I think. Jillian painted the little bird perched in the tree, and I painted the tree. I love November! Being grateful is always a good thing. And then you get rewarded with a good dinner.
Amy
6 comments:
I love this! What a cool tree to look at all month long!
Where did you find the leaf punches? We used leaves from large die cuts like this in primary in the Arl. Ward to make placemats for the kids. They wrote a blessing on each leaf, glued the leaves to cardstock and we had a laminator right there to finish off the placemats. I'd love to repeat that activity for a sharing time in our current ward, but haven't come across the large leaf punches.
I'm glad your thankful for a totally hot husband! Fun idea!
Very cute. You're always full of clever enriching ideas. What a good mom.
what a fun idea you always do fun crafty things with your kids.. maybe I'll steal your idea for my sharing time on sunday!! :)
What a cute idea! You're so creative.
Cute! We did a thankful tree for FHE this week, but I'm ashamed to admit I printed it right off the internet!
Post a Comment