I was thinking about what a great month it's been. I was really able to focus on being grateful. Our grateful tree turned out so gorgeous, with all sorts of things on the leaves. The kids were happy to do it, and I'll miss it when it's gone. It occured to me yesterday that the season of Thanksgiving turns into the season of giving over night. This can be a powerful time of year. I'm talking about giving of things well beyond the latest video game or newest gadget, although those things are fun and certainly have their place. I'm really looking forward to giving to those around us who need a little extra, giving cards and treats to new friends, sending updates to old friends, and showing love. I have a fun and meaningful advent calendar idea in the works. I'll post more on that later.
My challenge to you is this: Transform your feelings of gratitude and thanksgiving into meaningful actions of giving this Christmas season. It doesn't have to cost any money, and the rewards will be priceless.
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!
Amy
3 comments:
Congrats on your PR, that's awesome! I loved your perspective on giving. Thanks!
The race sounds great. I really enjoy keeping up with your blog. Have a great weekend
I accept your challenge. I loved your grateful tree, and was so happy I made it ON the tree. We love having your little veggies over. Hope your day of shopping was successful!
Post a Comment