For those of you that know us well, you know that we love to play games. I've invited 5 couples over tonight for a game night. I know that three are coming. We're having:
homemade huckleberry ice cream with homemade hot fudge sauce
spinach/artichoke dip with chips
veggie tray
wassail
pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
We might play some of our favorite games, which include:
Wits and Wagers
Guillotine
What's It To Ya?
Coloretto
Loaded Questions
Or some good party games, which include:
Scattergories
Who What Where
Guesstures
Apples to Apples
Cranium
We won't be playing some of the strategy games we like, due to numbers. They are:
Settlers of Catan (which DF loves too, right Polliwog?)
Carcassone
Ticket to Ride
Perfect Ten
The games we're loving playing with the kids right now are:
Sleeping Queens
Pigasus
Rat a Tat Cat
Racko
Yahtzee
We LOVE games! But we also love you if you don't love games. If you have a favorite game not listed here, comment and let me know. We always get new games for Christmas.
Amy
16 comments:
I love game night! We haven't played games with friends in so long, can we come?
Oh yeah, have you ever tried Hilarium? Love it! You do have to be careful who you play it with though, because it can get embarrassing.
mama bear -- we actually have Hilarium and have never opened it. Maybe we'll try it tonight!
Can I come? I want all that yummy food. Homemade huckleberry ice cream? Awesome.
Oh, I wish you lived closer. We love game night too!! Settlers is definitely our favorite but is few and far between since having 2 and more kids.
I will have to look at some of those other games you mentioned. We love Ticket to Ride also- my 6 year old loves it too!
I hope you had a great night. Good for you for putting it together. I need to do that more.
Our family plays a game called "Snorta." So much fun and good for lots of laughs. It's not a difficult game to play, but I don't know if it would be too much for the kids or not. It's definitely worth a try. I had another one in mind, but just forgot it. If I remember, I'll let you know... Have fun!! :)
One word--jealous! Though we have a friend-filled night planned too, so I guess it could be worse. Ah, the memories of D choosing TV over Settlers. What a stick in the mud. He is great with the kids and games though. We are enjoying Sorry! and a birthday gift, Feed the Kitty (simple enough for Smidget but still pretty fun for me). As far as older people go, my current favorite is Bang! but it is impossible to find. I think a new version may be coming out soon. You guys would love it, if you don't already.
Check out Bohnanza. It's kinda hard to find. We bought it off e-bay new. It's about 13-15 dollars and is tons of fun. I could tell you about some card games, but the rules would take to long to post here!
Speaking of new games for Christmas... we have you guys this year and Sydney has Jillian, so could you send me a quick email with a few gift ideas?
I've learned that I didn't know you well because I didn't know that you loved games so much. But now, I know you well!! I have arrived!!
We had a game night last night, too. Wish we could get together and play a rousing game of hand and foot.
We love Bohnanza and gave my sister Bang! We'll have to steal it back and try it out, Polliwog. Thanks for all the recommendations.
I remembered!! The other game is called Curses. It probably would be a bit much for the kids, but it'd be great for an adults-only game night or something like that. It can be pretty funny. :)
How rude you leave out your favorite game--Scottland yard or course. I wish we were closer so we could play games with y'all.
25 words or less is a good one. oh, and i've been meaning to congratulate you on posting daily this month. well done.
We had a game night this weekend too! Wish we could have had you over. Every time I play games, I think of you and Kyle. We played Beyond Balderdash.
Post a Comment