If I don't commit early enough to a race, I don't train quite enough. It is hard to run.
It is still amazing that I ran 13.1 miles in one session. My body is cool like that.
I don't know my official chip time, but my gun time was 2:00:45. I sure hope my chip time comes in under 2 hours, since that was my goal! But if not, I'm only off by a few seconds. Won't that stink!
I need to work more on the mental part of racing. I find it very easy to talk myself out of pushing hard.
My chest cold is not completely gone. And I need to address my asthma with my doctor.
I can look very dorky when I run. I picked out a cute outfit (not quite matchy-matchy, but coordinated). Then I realized the capris I chose didn't have any pockets. One pocket was necessary to carry snacks along the way. So I went for some longer shorts -- blue and black. They looked quite dorky with my green shirt. Then I had another shirt tied around my waist. Then I had to fix my headband mid-race. I got a look at myself later and my hair was all askew. Nice. Very nice. Can't wait to see the official race photos of that get-up. Good thing no one I was with brought a camera!
My husband and kids love me! They made some signs while I was gone and posted them. I felt very special when I returned home.
I love Sport Beans by Jelly Belly. They are awesome electrolyte-filled carb bites of yumminess. I'm sorry I dropped about 5 along the way.
Water is my favorite beverage. I think I drank a gallon today. Easily.
Anxiously awaiting official race results,
Amy
PS -- I will say nothing about THAT ONE football game that was on today. And I will post no comments that degrade THAT ONE team that I still like. I just had to walk away after the 3rd quarter, so I've erased the game from my memory forever.
7 comments:
Hey Amy,
I am so proud of you for running the race. I hope you are glad you did it. So close to your goal either way it comes out. I am sure you looked adorable, as always.
Nope, don't want to talk about it either.
Congrats on your run! Simply amazing!
We're not talking about THAT game at our house either.
Great work on the race. We would love to have you back for the Turkey Trot on Thursday. Just a 5K, but I am excited about it. Any joking aside, we are really not talking about the game. Matt seriously won't talk about it. I at least got to make good food which we all enjoyed so I guess all was not lost.
Go get 'em Amy! Nobody expects anyone running 13.1 miles to look nice. That being said, I'm sure you looked lovely anyway.
Good job on your race. I also like those sport beans and how sad that you dropped so many. What was the course like? City streets or trail?
Was there a game? I thought Utah was just playing around for the camera.
You rock! One of these days I'll get up the gumption to train my body for a race even half that long. THAT ONE game was a little disappointing, to say the least.
You ran the race that is what is important
Post a Comment