I got teary-eyed twice already today, and it's only 3:06pm. Better stay away from any sappy TV tonight, eh? I have always been an easy crier. I think I've posted about this before. When I was young, my Mom called it "sensitive". Now we refer to is as "drama queen". Anyway, although I don't cry EVERY time I hear children sing at church anymore, the faucets were primed and ready today. What made me cry?
1. ER. Yes, the TV show. And the weird part was I was watching it while exercising, so you'd think my mind and body would be so tuned into building my biceps that I wouldn't get emotional. You'd think. It was about this hard doctor who was trying to help save a little girl while reliving the death of her own son. There was one line that I thought was especially well-written. The doctor commented that if you lose your parents, you're an orphan. If you lose a spouse, you're a widow or a widower. But we don't have any word for what you become when you lose a child.
2. I got teary-eyed upon reading BYU-Idaho magazine. There was a reference to how Thomas S. Monson felt when he heard about President Gordon B. Hinckley's death. He said something like "I'm sure he's meeting Jim (James E. Faust) right now." I never thought about how it would be hard to be the last of that trio left on earth. They worked so closely together. That's a legitimate teary experience, right?
Perhaps we can chalk this up to hormones. Women are always blaming things on hormones, right? Anyway, let's just hope I make it through the rest of the day without tearing up.
Hoping this post didn't make you cry,
Amy
4 comments:
Amy, I am a world class crier. If I have not cried by noon it is a slow day! I sobbed all through ER. Eric and Kevin give me a hard time for watching it, but that episode was the best they have had for years! Very well done. I cried tonight while singing a hymn in my presidency meeting. Tears rule!
My kids caught me crying at the end of the movie, Elf. That was a bit embarrassing because it's just a bunch of New Yorkers singing Christmas songs in Central Park in order to make Santa's sleigh fly. Explain that one, eh?
Don't watch "Beaches". I hear it's a tear-jerker.
When I'm in a 'cry easy' state I always worry about my sanity, but then, other times I realize I haven't cried in a long time, and I think "Do I not have the Spirit anymore?"
So, take it as a "I'm sensitive because I am a compassionate person and have the spirit" thing. :)
Post a Comment