How's that for a headline? Today I was in the shower while Hayden and Kara were in the family room. H was watching a show, and KJ was supposed to be playing. She knows how to open doors, though, and often comes looking for me, so when I heard a voice outside the shower door, I thought it was Kara. Just so this makes sense, please note that our master bathroom has a closed door area that contains the shower and toilet. The shower doors are glass, which means they are transparent. When I opened the door to say hi to Kara from the shower, I was shocked to see Hayden there. He was probably shocked to see me in the shower as well, since we try to avoid such things. I hope he's not scarred for life. He played it cool, though, so I'm sure it's fine. I was just surprised!
When I got Kara out of the bath today, she immediately shucked off her hooded towel and bolted for the door. I'm not sure there's anything quite as cute as a little naked baby bum running away and jiggling as it goes. When my bum jiggles when I run, I don't consider it cute. And she looks MUCH better naked than I do. You will just have to take my word on this, because this is a PG rated blog.
In other news, my last grandparent, Grandma Catie, fell and broke her pelvis last week. She's in a nursing home for a few weeks, but should be able to return to her own home. I'm thinking of her! It will be hard when I have no more grandparents. I got really sad and worried when my Mom called to give me the news. Luckily it wasn't too bad.
Amy
6 comments:
That's funny! I still remember the day a few years ago when Clint was home while Spencer had a little girlfriend over. Clint was in the shower and Spencer waltzed in to ask him a question, toting cute little Audrey behind him. Clint just about died; called her parents and everything. Now if SHE's not scarred for life, I'm sure Hayden will be OK. It probably scared you more than it did him! And I agree with what you said about darling little naked baby bums.
Those awkward moments are always so. . .umm awkward.
You will probably choose not to publish this comment, but the two people I live with were BOTH running around naked last night. Oh dear.
This reminds me of a funny story. My mother knew it was time to stop letting my little brother in while she showered when one day he looked her naked bod up and down and said, "Hm! Nice beffs Mom." The end.
We have a glass shower door too. I've worried we'd have a situation like your friend Amy D describes. Too funny!
That is a great title! I hope Hayden is not traumatized. I fear the day when that will happen to me!
babies are cute naked, it is so true!
We are a naked family. Unfortunately I was accustomed to growing up in a naked girl family...5 sisters...but now my house has been overrun by naked males - so I have been forced to get a LITTLE more decent. I remind myself over and over that actually wearing pajamas in the morning while getting Jake ready for school would be a much better thing than what usually happens. ok - so now everyone knows not to drop in at my house unexpectedly!
Post a Comment