Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fashion Reject, purse edition

I need a new purse/bag/thing to store things while I'm out and about. I'm sooo over my current diaper bag, but I feel fashion-challenged when it comes to selecting handbags, or whatever you call them. In my research I've seen words like skimmer, clutch, wristlet, cross-body, hobo, satchel, tote, and on and on. Do I know what all these are? NO! Here's what I'm carrying now:

But in black. It reads "diaper bag". And now that I have a toddler who only needs a snack, sippy cup, and one diaper (plus wipes), I don't need to be toting around this number.

In the past I went for this kind of bag, rugged and functional, something from Eddie Bauer.

But I think I'm more chic than this now, although I do live in tree-hugging Oregon. So how do I get enough glam, but not too much BAM? I've been out looking a bit, and everything looks too fancy for me. Do I just buy the bag and embrace the fancy? Can I even pull off chic?



I think I like all of these, but I can't really picture myself toting around a purse. What do you think? I need some help here, ladies! Or gay men with taste for these things. Not many of those reading this blog, I think. And one more thing, it seems to me you need a few bags, like you need lots of shoes. Can I get away with just one? Advise, s'il vous plait.

Amy

9 comments:

Cheri said...

I am so fashion challenged it's an embarrassment, but I LOVE the color of the green, and the style of the yellow one. i would go for two, a casual one that is roomier, and one for church, dates, and days that you just look HOT, that is smaller and as awesome looking as you. (:

Michael Family said...

Definitely go more chic rather than rugged Eddie Bauer. Also nix the diaper bag. All those purses on the bottom will do. They are cute. I can't believe you don't have a few stylish purses already, you style queen! You can get away with one, but if you want to be ober fashionista you need more. I just do one, because who has the time to transfer all your stuff from one purse to the other?

Anonymous said...

I'm so not the one to ask. I'm NOT a handbag girl. Bring on the shoes, but leave the handbags in the store. If I were to get one, it would probably be similar to this, only smaller: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7436775/c/3.html. Good luck! You'll have to post a pic you find a new handbag! :)

Steph said...

I'd tell you to check out my website, but it's nonfunctional right now. I do have a new cute purse that I just finished for my mom that's less diaper, more chic. I'll send you a photo of it sometime.

Unknown said...

I like the green and yellow ones more, though the black would go with more. of course you can pull it off! But then, I'm not a good fashion consultant. Bon chance!

Ken and Amy said...

I love the black one...it would go with anything.

jan said...

I think you should get them all. But if you do have to choose I would say the green one and the black one. so fun.

Ronna said...

I can totally see you in the green one. If I saw you walk by in the store, I would definately think "man, I wish I was cool enough to pull off a cute colorful purse like that". But, I will gladly be wearing my diaper bag for another year. So, I think you should buy the cute green one since I can't.
Ronna

Polliwog said...

I'm a little late to the game, but I vote green. Love the yellow, but it doesn't seem fall/winter enough for me. Maybe for the spring? Black is cute, but not noticeable.