Saturday, November 8, 2008

Date Night

Tonight Kyle and I are going out on a date. It seems we are out of practice, however, because we can't quite figure out what to do. I'm sure we'll go out to eat (after 15 minutes of "I don't know, where do you want to eat?" back and forth) and then we'll do some errand that doesn't seem very date like. But we need to pick out a new bed and some bookcases, and those things are done much more easily without the little veggies. So help me out! Leave a comment with a fun idea for a date night. Preferably one that doesn't involve the grocery store, Wal-Mart, or Home Depot.

Amy

PS -- Coming soon --- A Veggie Bunch GIVEAWAY!!!

7 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

My fave cheap date is going to Barnes & Noble/Borders, looking through the books, finding a stack, then meeting back together in comfy chairs to snuggle and read. Add hot cocoa from coffee shop if cold out...

mama bear said...

we once went to the video store and each faced a different direction, walked 10 paces (or whatever) and picked. It's pretty interesting what you come up with! I think there was something you could do with M&M's way back when, while driving around town - you know, like green is left, etc. I know these ideas are a little high school, but sometimes it's just fun to go back!

Mary Poppins said...

i've got a suggestion of what not to do. once i babysat for my sister and her husband and they spent their date night picking out a toilet. needless to say i was thrilled to offer my services that night so that they could enjoy that romantic time together.

Michael Family said...

Going on a walk is always nice. And we like doing anything in the city--museums, restaurants, etc. Wayne and I actually did get a babysitter to pick out a toilet, but we did NOT call it our date night.

Melissa said...

Sorry, no help from me. Dave and I went through this same scenario this weekend too. sigh. Eat and errand-- always the same.

Angie said...

I love the typical dinner and a movie date. Keith and I do that one all the time. Or there's bowling or miniature golfing. I can't wait to get back to Utah to do more of that stuff. Is there an ice skating rink there? That could be fun too. Try to find a local restaurant that neither of you have been to. It could be fun to try!

Ken and Amy said...

Last friday for our date night I suggested grocery shopping at Albertsons....that idea got shot down very quickly! Apparently we are boring too. We settled for dinner at a local mexican restaruant.