Tuesday, November 13, 2007

TMI -- too much information??

I learned something about myself to day, and I'm not proud of it. What I learned is that I can pound ice cream with the best of them. You may think I should have already known that about myself, but usually I have better self control. After a stressful morning on the phone with inept workers of an unnamed agency, I was upset! My dear friend JMP brought me a treat to cheer me up, a pint of Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie ice cream. This frozen delight weighs in at 250 calories per half cup. I ate nearly the whole pint in one sitting. Yes, my friends, emotional eating at its best. And you know what, I don't really care. It was a conscious choice, and one I rarely make. And after my 900 calorie snack, I'm not taking one step on the treadmill. I'm going to go to the movies, actually, and I may even have popcorn. Take that, unnamed agency who can't get anything right, EVER. And thanks, JMP, for keeping me plump.

Also took pics of the kids in the leaves. We had to get out and enjoy the fall day. It was BEAUTIFUL.



Amy

3 comments:

Amy D said...

Hey, at least you're honest about it! I don't think a pint of ice cream is going to do any long-term damage to little ol' you. I just hope you enjoyed it! Don't you dare feel one bit guilty. I love the pics of your darling kids!

caligirl said...

Don't worry!! We had all done it...my self included. I think you just need to induldge every once in a while!! Don't beat yourself up...just enjoy!

amydear said...

And enjoy I did. I'm still hardly hungry today.