Whew! Not sure if you've recovered from my ranting and raving about food policy in America. I just wanted to lighten it up and keep you coming back for more. I promise not to be too serious most of the time. Huh?
I've been pondering what to make for neighbor treats this holiday season. I like to give out the treats, but I don't necessarily love making batch after batch of goodies. So this year I was thinking about economizing my production. What treat goes a long way with just a little smidge? FUDGE! You don't need to eat much fudge to feel like you've gotten your fill. My idea is to make three or four kinds (milk chocolate, peanut butter, mint dark chocolate, raspberry or orange chocolate) and package little pieces into candy boxes or something cute. Then I'll tie them with a pretty ribbon and be done. I think I can get several boxes made up quickly because you don't have to have much in each box. Is this a good idea??
On to Christmas cards. We're going the easy route with the Costco special this year. I have yet to actually take a picture to submit, but we're working on it. I'm sure you just can't wait to see what we come up with. Those of you who took the poll know the options. Won't you be surprised what I decided to pick! Did you ever see the movie Calendar Girls?
Ho ho ho! I am so funny. I'd better stop now before my blog readership drops. I hope you all have a great week. I'm off to finish my dishes, pack Jillian's lunch, and watch Project Runway. Carry on!
Amy
3 comments:
Fudge sounds great. Can we move in next door? We're doing the Costco special too. When you're sending so many cards, you just can't afford to spend $1 or more per card. It's expensive enough just to buy stamps for them all! We'll be so excited to get your card (assuming you're sending us one--oh please, oh please!) and will love the picture no matter what it is. Whew, that was a long comment!
It's right about now I am wishing I still lived across the way. I can pretty much guarantee the cows won't be bringing fudge my way, and they are the closest neighbors (besides my in-laws, of course). I, too, have elected to go with the Costco all-in-one photo card this year. Can't wait to get yours. And I'd better. Grrr.
Um, yummy. I think you should send some. I have heard that fudge travels well.
I do a Christmas electronic newsletter, the ultimate in cheapness. You are so good to actually mail cards!
Post a Comment