Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday Update

1. The Weather -- for all you warm-weather dwellers out there, I would like to report that it is 60 degrees here in MI today. It is very gray and cloudy, but 60 degrees nonetheless. And tomorrow I am promised a day of 60 degree weather AND sunshine. So there. You may stick your tongues out at me. ; )

2. The Great Vegetable Adventure continues. Last week I purchased the following vegetables for consumption:

brussel sprouts
eggplant
bean sprouts
parsnips

So far the bean sprouts went over well with Hayden. Jillian did not try one, and I was not in a mood to make her. I'm going to secretly sneak the parsnips into a soup, so that one should go over just fine. When the kids ask me what it is, I am going to say "a carrot cousin." I am wary of the eggplant myself, so I think I'll have to bread it and fry it. And I haven't had brussel sprouts in years, so I'm interested to see what they taste like after all this time. I think they're kind of en vogue right now as far as vegetables go, so I will try to find a good way to prepare them. Bad news, though, I still have the bok choy from a couple of weeks ago. I never made a stir fry, and I've heard it's not great on its own. At least I'm trying!

3. Gimpiness: I don't know how you spell that. My knee is almost pain free, so I think I'll try some cardio on Wednesday. My arm is about the same, and my back is worse after having Kara in the Baby Bjorn this weekend, so I'm still sore. But I'm encouraged about the knee. I'm also encouraged to hear there are other thirtysomethings out there with aches and pains.

4. The real reason I'm blogging right now: to avoid mopping my floors. But since I have nothing left to say, I must cease blogging and begin mopping. Au revoir.

No comments: