Halloween seemed to last all month this year, or at least a good two weeks. We started on the 20th with a trip to Greenfield Village for their Hallowe'en celebration. We've also attended a church carnival, Halloween-themed birthday party, cookie decorating night, reverse trick-or-treating at a local Hospice facility, trick-or-treating on Main Street, and then the grand night itself. We got lots of mileage out of our costumes this year. I don't think I've ever been so happy for November 1st to arrive. Of course, I am completely dismayed that now the Christmas season is upon us. Our family will be celebrating Thanksgiving and thankfulness for the better part of November, thank you very much! I will start playing Christmas music no earlier than November 20th. But back to Halloween!
The Bean was a butterfly. I told her I'd pay her $10 to wear the Superman costume I got for $2.00 on clearance last year, but she wouldn't. She was a cute butterfly, but it wasn't my favorite costume for her. Superman would have been cool and unexpected, and she would have matched her brother. . .
The Pea, who was The Dark Knight, Bruce Wayne himself, BATMAN! The best part of H's dressing up like Batman was that he always striking a Batman-esque pose for the camera. He loved to show off the arms of his costume, which had spikes. He took his role very seriously. Every time he put on his costume he wanted to put on his black socks too. They he would say "I'm going out on patrol!" Love that boy!
Kara was a cute pink bug and tolerated her costume very well. She always had a serious look on her face when wearing it, though. She was lugged around to all these events and did a great job. Someone offered her a sucker, but I politely declined on her behalf.
Kyle and I were skunks. I got just one mediocre picture of our costumes, which I made. I just sewed a faux fur stripe down black hooded sweatshirts. Simple and comfortable. There are many skunks who reside around here, so people were mildly amused by our costumes. If I could have been anything, I would have rented a cool costume and gone as Jane Austen. Maybe next year!
In closing, my vote for best Halloween treat goes to Milky Way Midnight. Worst is those dumb peanut butter taffies. I think they're called Mary Janes.
Amy
1 comment:
I love the peanut butter taffies!!!! If you set them on the heating vents in old houses you always have warm peanut butter treats on hand whenever you want them. I'm pretty sure my mom wasn't as excited about that discovery as I was! Megann
Post a Comment