Thursday, November 8, 2007

All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray

It is trying so hard to snow today. There were some pretty good flakes coming down, but now they've dwindled. This is depressing me. Really. I finally acknowledged summer is over by putting away the sunscreen, bug spray, sun hats, and pool toys. Out came the gloves, scarves, hats, hand warmers, and boots. And if all you people from California comment and say how nice it is there, I will stick my tongue out at you! Luckily it is already November, so April doesn't seem too far away. Who am I kidding? April is eons away, and it is known to snow in Michigan in April. Good thing we have a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth (Walt Disney World) scheduled for the end of April. I might have to schedule myself a little trip to Mexico in February. Anyone want to come?

I've been trying to get Kyle to come on as a guest blogger. This is technically his site too, and I'm sure you're all getting sick of me. He says he has nothing interesting to say. I told him to give a brief summary of his dissertation, then I realized that would not be interesting. Ha ha. Guess I've set the bar too high. I'll see if the Bean wants to blog a bit someday. Here's a blast from the past video to make your day a little brighter. I certainly could use some sunshine! I'll try to get a video of little Asparagus soon.

Yma (just seeing if you're paying attention!)

5 comments:

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

1) I agree that this weather is depressing ALREADY!
2) Of course I'll go to Mexico! Any time.

Michael Family said...

Hey, I recognize that shirt! For some reason, James always ended up wearing it when we went to museums, so now he calls it his museum shirt. One time he put it on, went to the door, and said, "Ok mom, let's go to the museum!"

I love their singing. Tell Hayden we wanna see some dancing next time too!

Michael Family said...

Oh, by the way, it really IS nice weather in California! 70 degrees! So there!

Amy D said...

That's my favorite song! :)

Anonymous said...

That video has to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen!! I miss you and your family! The weather here in SLC is about the same as it is in MI. Love you, Yma!!