I am a wreck. My body, which has previously been so nice to me, is falling apart. Let me explain my aches and pains. If you don't want to hear me whine and complain, perhaps you should skip this post! First, my left shoulder/triceps area is in a world of hurt. I think I lifted weights too soon after getting my flu shot in that arm, and I've just continued to aggravate the area. Since I'm left-handed I use that arm all the time. Any reaching movement causes pain, and getting dressed poses a challenge. To top it off, I have no idea how to rest the area enough to let it heal. I guess I need a sling or something, but it's awfully hard to take care of a baby with just one arm. Next I've hurt my right knee. I think I overexerted it doing squats and the pigeon pose in yoga. Then I ran 5 miles when it was already sore. Bad idea. Terrible idea, in fact. You see, I've been trying to exercise, but I think I've overdone it. And I can't rest my knee very well due to the stairs that are in my house. Sigh. Luckily I can't think of any exercise to do with my current injuries. Yoga, weights, running, pilates, swimming, and even just simply walking are all out. I am going to try to do some sit-ups tonight, but I'll take it easy. The last ache is my back, which hasn't recovered from carrying Kara around while pregnant. Since I'm still carrying her and I still have a terrible bed, I think the backache will be chronic. Do I sound like I'm 70 years old or what?? Let me clarify that I wouldn't complain if the the pain wasn't so bad. I am going to take a Percocet tonight just so I can sleep pain-free. At least that's the idea. I hope to be feeling better soon because I hate being gimpy! And Kyle makes fun of me. But he did cook all day today, so it's not all bad.
Oh yeah, one more piece of bad news. Kara has been fussy while eating lately and spitting up a lot, and I think it might be due to the chocolate I've been eating. I just put that one together when I thought about how her fussiness increased a lot in the past week. You know, ever since Halloween. I guess I'll have to cut out most of my chocolate intake. Sigh again.l
Amy
2 comments:
I'm so there with you! Every day I feel like I fall apart a little bit more. What will be left of us when we're 90?
Poor kid. Didn't anybody ever mention the phrase, "Take it easy" or "Give yourself a break"? If not, picture me saying them to you as I shake you by your shoulders.
Post a Comment