This summer I was a slug. I had to lay down a lot, so I ended up watching a lot of television. I think I've seen every episode of "House Hunters" on HGTV. I could feel my mind turning to mush. Now that I am feeling better and the proud mama of three kids, I hardly have time to turn on the TV. Our TV is the 19" basic model we got 9 years ago when we were married, so it's not too tempting anyway, but I'm surprised at how television has exited my life, and how I don't mind it so much. There are a few shows I will continue watching, but I think I'm over my love affair with HGTV. I know Kyle will be happy to hear that! And with Jillian having to get on the bus at 8:30 am, the kids are watching less TV too. Nothing makes me feel more guilty than knowing my kids have watched too much TV. Silly, I know, since Kyle spent a good chunk of his childhood watching TV and playing video games, and he turned out alright. So if you ask me if I'm watching "Heroes", or "House", or the latest installment of "Survivor", chances are I will say no, and I'll feel good about it.
Amy
2 comments:
But are you watching "The Office"? That's the real question! Because if you missed it on Thursday, you missed the most hilarious episode. I don't know if it was the runner in me, or it was just as funny to everybody else, but I was in PAIN, I was laughing so hard. Nothin' like scarfing a big bowl of fettucine alfredo moments before the gun to give you a great race. :) And Michael thinking a 5K is 5,000 miles? And still planning on running? Too funny.
Oh, I watched! I loved it. Yeah for Toby for winning it all. I will always have time for "The Office."
Post a Comment