Sunday, September 9, 2007

Back to School - - and Kara is 3 weeks old!





Jillian started first grade this week. She told me the names of the kids in her class. The roster reads like a UN assembly. I can't even begin to spell the names she told me. One is Abeebsa, phonetically. Jillian gets a big kick out of that one for some reason. She is not in the same class with most of her neighborhood friends, but seems to be doing well. Her teacher is quite experienced teaching first grade, so I'm sure she will learn a lot. It's kind of sad to have her gone all day. Hayden has been really bored. Luckily he starts preschool four afternoons a week this week. He is so excited to ride the bus. His teacher Marifran, who taught Jillian two years ago, came to our house to visit Hayden this week. She is great! If you're paying attention, all of this school going means that I am home alone with Kara four afternoons a week while both kids are at their respective schools. Yeah for me!

Kara is three weeks old this weekend and smiles only for her father. We've decided she looks most like Jill, Kyle's sister, and Emma, Kyle's niece. Here are a few pictures of her for you to see. She's already changing and growing. Her hair seems to be lightening, and her skin is definitely fair. We are growing to love her name (I think it takes awhile to get used to calling a baby by a name), and like to say "Kara Jane."

Anyway, nothing profound in this post, just a few pictures.

Amy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love seeing how your kids grow. Jillian seems to be frequently deciding between bangs or no bangs. :) We love you and miss you! You should come to Oregon. It's great!