
This one is quick. We were in the car for a drive on Friday night. We were all listening to the radio, singing along to the songs we knew, and generally enjoying one another's company. An 80's song by Rick Astley came on, "Never Gonna Give You Up." Here are the lyrics:
We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
And on it goes. Well, when we got to the store and turned off the car, Hayden said, "Mom, that guy isn't going to do anything. He's not going to cry, or tell a lie, or anything." And then he went on is way. I thought it was so funny he was paying attention to the lyrics. I'd better watch what I listen to!
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment