Hayden is known for saying and doing funny and cute things. Sometimes Kyle's sister Jill calls up and says "tell me something funny that Hayden has said." I like to think of them as Haydenisms. Tonight he went outside after dinner and was trying to run faster than his friend who was on a bike. Suddenly the door flung open and Hayden burst in, cheeks flushed. "Mom!", he said, "My heart is beating. In my chest!" He was enthralled with the fact that he could feel his heart beating in his chest. He went back outside and then came in again to tell us his heart was again beating. He told me, Kyle, and Jillian, and even offered to let us feel his heart beating in his chest. I didn't have the heart (no pun intended) to tell him his heart is always beating in his chest. He is so cute!
As a bonus, Kara is one month today. She is growing so big. And I got all three kids to bed by 8:30pm tonight. And I ran almost 4 miles. It's been a good day.
Amy
3 comments:
So cute! Can I copy Jill and call to ask what cute thing Hayden said? I'm really sorry that I change my phone number so often; don't forget you love me. I should have this number for quite awhile, but no guarantees. Thanks for writing a fun blog!
I miss my daily dose of Hayden. :) Also, I noticed your request for book suggestions, so I'm giving one: Hattie Big Sky, a Newbery Honor from this year. Sometimes adolescent lit is not my thing, but this one was really good. Plus, you can read it in a day, so that's always fun.
Love you!
We thought of Hayden the other day when Jill was acting like a dog, crawling around on the floor and barking. Ken said, "Should we call her Woofie?" (In memory of Hayden of course!)
Post a Comment