Sunday, September 23, 2007

I know what's up with that!

On Friday night we went out to eat at a restaurant I usually enjoy. It is called Culver's. It is a more upscale fast food restaurant, with great burgers, fries, frozen custard (a creamier version of soft serve ice cream), and also great service. It is a treat to go there and I was looking forward to it. Well, I started losing my appetite when I noticed that every woman in the restaurant was overweight. In the 45 minutes we were there I counted just two women, besides me and the teenage girls who worked there, would would be considered of normal weight. It was a busy night and there were lots of people in and out. Seeing the size of the customers had such an impact on me that I didn't get any ice cream for dessert. The impact wore off a few hours later and I had some at home, though. Anyway, just a little wake up call that I probably shouldn't indulge in Culver's burgers or other food like it very often. Maybe we should go to a vegetarian restaurant next time. Wonder what the women there would look like.

Amy

1 comment:

Polliwog said...

Remember what state you're in. :) Besides, you're running now. You can indulge now and then, right? Culvers is pretty far away, I doubt you are going there very often.

I've been there at least once with you. Maybe twice? Yum.