I had a plan, and my plan was foiled . . . or so I thought! But I'm getting ahead of myself here. Let's go back to May 2007 . . .
I was running. I was also pregnant. My plan was to keep active my whole pregnancy, although I realized I wouldn't be able to keep running the whole time. I was also doing weight training and sit ups. Then I was put on modified bedrest. I spent most of June, July, and August sitting or laying down, trying hard not to consume too many wasted calories. (Have I mentioned my favorite food is ice cream??)
Then Kara was born. (So cute! So big! Such a good eater!) The pounds (at least the first 20) melted off in two weeks, and I was feeling pretty good. And now, I'm running again. (Cue music from Chariots of Fire.) Now, mind you, I'm running slowly enough to watch the grass grow, but I am shuffling my feet in a running motion. I've been out three times now, and yesterday I ran a mile and a half (half of a 5k!) without stopping. I ran a total of 2.7 miles. Not too shabby for having a baby three weeks ago, but pitiful next to all my marathon-training friends.
Oh well, there's a time and a season for everything, and this is my season to huff and puff and try to get back in running shape! I may run a 5.7 mile race at the end of October if I can convince Darling Husband to go on a road trip to Mackinac Island. I've also done some sit-ups and weights, to the chagrin of my atrophied muscles. But just you weight, er, wait. I'll post a new picture soon and I hope you will be amazed. And I cut 4 inches off my hair. Do you think that weighed half a pound? Just kidding!
Amy
2 comments:
Aren't you supposed to rest and relax for a few months before running?!
I'm truely amazed. I was barely walking let alone running 3 weeks after giving birth! Good work! Can't wait for the pictures...of your new do!
Post a Comment