Sunday, December 2, 2007

Some Christmas Cheer!

I succumbed. I let my children sit on Santa's lap at the mall. It doesn't end there. I purchased a picture. A low-quality picture. I had to purchase a picture in order to use my own camera to take this picture:


And it's worth it, I suppose. They were happy and we passed two-and-a-half hours at the mall (a record!) while Kyle was out of town. Santa seemed like a very nice man, and he had an authentic beard -- always a bonus. I also managed (just barely) to purchase holiday clothes for the kids. Who knew that most holiday clothes are gone by December 1st? I wouldn't be surprised to find swimsuits and shorts in the stores by January 1st. So if you need any sweaters, pants, gloves, socks, and other winter wear, stock up now!

More Christmas cheer at this link. See most of our family do a really cool elf dance. Then you can elf yourself. Good for a laugh or two. Almost as fun as monkey mails. You should try that too. Since Kyle didn't get to be an elf, he's going to Scrooge himself (that doesn't sound good, but it's what it is). Watch for that link coming soon.

I was also so happy that Jillian finally convinced us to put up the tree. It's always beautiful when it's done, and I love our ornaments. We collect them from places we travel as a family. I also get each child one every year that relates somehow to something they are interested in that year (I try, anyway). We tell stories and memories as we decorate the tree. I love it. This 4 foot high tree is not my ideal, but I do enjoy it and think it looks pretty good.


Ahh, makes me want to snuggle up with a good book and a cup of cocoa. Or that plate of treats that arrived not long ago . . . Merry Christmas!

Amy

1 comment:

Amy D said...

I'm so glad you're back from the dead! Hope you're feeling better. I've missed you since Thursday. That elf thing is hilarious! Where on earth do you find such funny sites? I laughed until I cried watching you guys; I wasn't expecting THAT at all! I hope it's OK that I made one of us and put it on our site.