I had a blissful moment this afternoon. Handel's Messiah was playing softly. Gingerbread cookies were baking. I glanced out the window at J and H playing in the snow -- two bundles falling into the drifts with glee. The baby was sound asleep upstairs and Kyle was reading. It was a little bit of Christmas heaven right in our house.
Due to the weather, we just had the first hour of church today. We trudged out in our snow boots and made the half mile journey. Hayden was supposed to give a talk today in primary. Since he didn't get to give it, I thought I'd post it here.
On Christmas we celebrate Jesus’ birth. I like that we give presents to other people, like the wise men gave presents to Jesus. I picked out a present for Rianna, my cousin. I picked out a present for Kara, my sister. I feel warm in my heart when I give people presents. I also like that we get presents at Christmas. I hope I get some Hot Wheels, Legos, and Knex. Heavenly Father gave us the gift of his Son. That is the best gift of Christmas. I like Christmas music too. I like to sing carols and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I love Jesus and I’m glad to celebrate His birth.
Amy
PS -- Went on a run in the cold on Saturday. I enjoyed it so much! I went with some friends who are training for a marathon. I only lasted for about 6 of their 12 miles, but ended up running almost 7. I'm going to try for 8 on Friday. I am so grateful to be healthy.
1 comment:
Six miles is a lot! Good for you for running in the cold and snow. I know about your snowstorm because Clint's flight this morning got diverted from Cleveland, OH to Grand Rapids, MI. (I told him to give you a call, but he didn't have time with all the travel arrangements and running around.) He and his co-worker had to rent a car and drive SIX HOURS to Cleveland. Ugh. Their only other option was to ride on a bus the airlines arranged for them. No thanks! I'm glad you got a peaceful Christmas moment watching your kids play in the snow. That's the best! And I love Hayden's talk! Maybe he'll get to give it next week.
Post a Comment