is hard to do, because my mind has turned to mush. Little KJ, so sweet and easy at home, has decided to become a fussy and difficult baby. Well, not too bad, but she's having a hard time settling in. I've been up with her several times a night, and she doesn't nap for very long either. She did finally sleep better last night, so things might be better. Or we might be headed home sooner than we thought!
On Saturday we woke up bright and early -- a little too early if you ask me -- and headed to the St. Louis zoo before the rain hit. It was nice to get out. The penguins gave us lots of happy splashes and two young gorillas put on a chasing show for us. Yesterday was church, naps, lots of present wrapping, singing Christmas songs, and playing games. A fun day! H is in heaven because his 23 year-old cousin Justin is playing Nintendo with him. J wants to stay in her pajamas all day so she's ready for Christmas morning. Kyle's editing his dissertation. I thought he'd take a break for a few days, but I was wrong. I went for a run this morning. It was nice to be somewhere different. I got to look over the Mississippi River and see the sun dancing off the water. I heard Michigan got pummeled with bad storm, so I'm happy to be elsewhere. Later today we're going to decorate cookies to leave out for Santa, have a dance party, watch Claymation Christmas (a video from 1983 and a family classic), have our traditional hors d'oeuvres buffet, and usher in another Christmas. Its hard to believe another Christmas is here. I used to be excited for my presents, but now that I have kids my excitement is for them. I can't wait!
Sorry for the long convoluted paragraph. Brain mush. I hope to be cured of it soon.
Amy
PS -- Finished New Moon and started on Eclipse. I'm still so-so, but definitely willing to finish. We'll see if Bella redeems herself as a character after all. Somehow I doubt it.
2 comments:
Ew. Eclipse. Thumbs down.
Your card is darling! I didn't know you were the Primary president, and we definitely didn't know Kyle was in the Bishopric. Good for you guys!
Post a Comment