On Sunday I thought it would be fun to sit down together and watch the videos we've taken since we got our camera -- right before Kara's birth. I rewound the tape to start from the beginning, which I thought was the night before I went into the hospital to be induced. But, nope, that's not what was at the beginning of the tape. Kara was home from the hospital, 4 days old. It seems we recorded over the joyous moment of her birth, the kids visiting her in the hospital, and who knows what other irreplaceable moments. Sigh.
Today Hayden got a chair to reach the top of the entertainment center. He wanted to get his advent calendar and eat his chocolate for the day. He pulled his calendar up at just the right angle to knock poor Joseph from my BRAND NEW Willow Tree nativity set to the ground. Joseph is now decapitated. Sigh again.
I was checking my email and found a new bill from Old Navy. The amount seemed high, so I looked it up. Turns out I forgot to pay the bill last week (the downside to online banking is no paper to remind you) and have a $25 late fee. Sigh again.
There is no ice cream in my freezer to save me. Triple sigh.
Where's all that good Karma I deserve from handing out goodies to every person I know? I hope it shows up soon.
2 comments:
How sad! I made that discovery the other week too. We had recorded over Spencer's preschool program. But it wasn't a birth!!! I'm so sorry. I'm sending you good luck vibes for tomorrow. It's always your favorite things that get broken, isn't it?
Hey, so sad about your bad luck. Sounds like we're in the same boat with the Willow Tree. Remember how I told you my shelf fell down on top of my whole set? One wise man's hands and the gift were completely chopped off. So sad.
Did you try calling Old Navy. That happened to me when I first switched to Eddie Bauer online and they forgave the fee. Try it!
Post a Comment