Monday, October 15, 2007

Visitors




My parents have been in town since last Wednesday. They came to meet Kara and enjoy a few days with us. We have been having a great time. On Thursday afternoon we decided to head West to Grand Haven, Michigan, for a little sightseeing. We stayed in a hotel Thursday night. One reason I wanted to go there was to see a Michigan lighthouse. They dot the coast of Lake Michigan. The one we saw wasn't too impressive, but we saw one, and that's what counts. We also poked around the town, took a walk on the beach, climbed a sand dune, and enjoyed some good food. If you're ever at a Great Harvest Bread store, I recommend the pumpkin swirl bread. Yum! I'm going to try to make some myself. I shall let you know in a future post if I am successful.

Kyle and my dad went to the Michigan football game on Saturday while my mom and I did some beading. Then we had dinner, played games, and I made molten chocolate cakes with this recipe. Garnished with fresh mint from my herb garden, they were delicious. Yesterday was Kara's blessing day. It was really special. Our stake president and former bishop were both there, so they joined in the circle. My neighbor made Kara a cute new bracelet and Kara wore her cousin Kjersten's blessing dress. Today we went Christmas shopping for the kids, enjoyed sandwiches at Zingerman's deli, bought new boots at Macy's (Thanks, Mom!) and are going to enjoy the best ice cream in town at marching band practice. It's been a perfect weekend. Right now Dad is fixing some of my chairs. I love having my parents around. Wish they lived closer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend! I'm glad everyone had fun together. What is beading? And I'll have to try your molten chocolate cake recipe, though I won't have fresh mint from an herb garden. Maybe next year! Is Kara really a chunk, or is it just her position in Kyle's arms? So cute!

amydear said...

We will find out on Wednesday if Kara is a chunk, that's her two-month appt. and the first time she'll be weighed since she was 3 days old. Beading is the beautiful art of making jewelry with beads.

Polliwog said...

Sounds like fun!! I loved reading your two most recent blogs. Keep writing, I am always reading. ;)