Friday, October 26, 2007

Spread the Sharing


I heard about this cool idea on the radio earlier in the week. Country Crock Shedd Spread (or some combination of those words) is giving needy families meals. What you have to do to get a meal donated on your behalf is share a story of sharing on this website. You don't even have to eat any fake butter product! They will donate up to 1,000,000 meals. Last night when I submitted my story of sharing, they had already donated 333,000, so get there soon! Or not, I actually have no idea how long it will take to reach 1,000,000 meals. But your stories will help them get there sooner. And leave a comment on my blog about what you like to share. If you're in the neighborhood, you may receive a special treat from me for being so kind.

Things I've shared this week:

Pumpkin chocolate chip bread with neighbors
Pumpkin cranberry bread with neighbors who don't eat chocolate
A meal for a neighbor who's wife was out of town
Part of my grilled cheese sandwich with Hayden (hard to give up because it was perfect!)
Birthday presents to two cute one year-olds (Happy 1st, Kjersten and Jack!)
The visiting teaching message
Kisses and snuggles with my family

Wow. I should go do a little bit more sharing, I think. Hope you feel motivated to share with those around you.

Amy

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I wish I lived closer to get in on the pumpkin chocolate chip bread sharing....Yummm..

You're always so nice to think of others!

Polliwog said...

okay, you guilt-tripped me into it. No, just kidding, I was going to do it, but hadn't gotten around to it. The story I shared on the butter website was when our family took a welcome treat to our new neighbor, who was a single grad student (in family housing). He ended up being such a good neighbor, watering my flowers, bringing little gifts for my kids, and always being considerate. It was a blessing to us both that we accepted and welcomed him rather than writing him off as "some single guy" and ignoring him.