Friday, October 26, 2007

Darn Internet!

Something is wrong with the Internet connection here in SouthForest where I live. It is slow, slow, slow, and slow. Supposedly we have a most excellent DSL connection, but I'm not seeing it. I have to load pages three and four times, and I cannot get anything to stream online (like the 4 episodes of Ugly Betty I missed). Sigh. But then I have to remind myself of life before the internet. I've been emailing since 1995. I remember my dad had one of the first internet connections to his work even before then. It was all in black and white on a DOS-type screen. We've come a long way since then. Now I am so impatient with the slightest delay. And I never, ever, ever use a phone book anymore. They get delivered to my door and I deliver them to the recycling dumpster. I love to shop online (especially with free shipping), and entering the blogosphere has been fun and rewarding. So would the department in charge of DSL PLEASE get it working again? I have lots of things to do, and they're all online!

1 comment:

Polliwog said...

Hey, you! Get your internet fixed cuz you've been TAGGED. (Lucky girl.) Check out my blog from today (Sunday) to see the rules. :) Love you!