I'm learning a lot about fashion and modeling. First, I am a terrible model. I can't even smile right or look right or anything. But I am getting good at setting the timer on my camera. Sometimes Kara hogs the shot, so it takes a while to get just the right angle. I'mspending too much time trying on clothes in the morning, but I'm sure it's just a phase. Before I get into the fashion, let me make a quick note on the Chewy Granola Bars featured this week.
I'm still having a bit of trouble with them being dry. So I would suggest using the full 1/2 C of maple syrup, or adding in a bit of milk or applesauce. Maybe 2T? I'm going to fiddle with the recipe a little more and let you know. You could also try a full egg, not just the white. I hate it when I can't get a recipe just right, so I'm sorry!
On to the fashion!
On Monday I played with layers. I started with a neutral base outfit of dark jeans, a shade layering tee in gray, and a shirt from H&M in a lighter gray. Then I came up with three outfits. Here are the results:
In the first look I added a black cardigan. This look is very neutral, but still pulled together. The silhouette is flattering. Gray and silver jewelry complete the look. Although you can't see it, I do have a pretty crystal clip in my hair.

For the second look I wanted a pop of color. I added a jade green scarf. I like the result.

For the third look I wanted something softer. This pink wrap-around sweater is the perfect complement to the grays of the shirts.

Today I'm wearing something I'm really excited about. I got some great trouser jeans at Ann Taylor Loft. They were $60, which is more than I usually spend, but I did have a coupon, so I paid less. I'm pairing them with a pretty petal tee from Loft as well ($19.95!) and a gray cardigan from Shade. I also picked up a wide brown belt from Simple Vera at Kohl's for $8.40 on clearance. Brown heeled boots make the look quite sophisticated. I'm showing the look with and without the belt, because I know not everyone likes to "belt it." You can see, though, that my waist looks much slimmer with the belt on. Because of the embellishment on the tee and the belt, I'm choosing not to wear a necklace today. But I think a small string of pearls would look nice with this outfit. What do you think?


Have a fabulous weekend!
Amy
4 comments:
Hey, I was at the Loft on Wed, and I saw those petal tees and I thought, "That looks like Amy!" How funny. Love the looks, you fashionista, you.
I totally tried on that exact same petal tee from Loft last Saturday. I didn't end up getting it because I was searching for specifics for our family pictures tomorrow. But, I really like it on you, maybey I should go pick one up??? BTW, you look great in all the pics and I think it is so fun that you do this. I just don't have enough time. Plus, Brooke does all the "fashion forward" around here. Just ask me how many outfits she tried on yesterday before she decided on a swimsuit.
Love it with the belt. You already look tiny, but the belt makes you look even tinier (is that a word?) I think I may have to try and "belt it".
You look great. I love the last outfit. I think the belt also serves as an elongator. (probabably not a word!) And I wold skip on the pearls. I think it looks fab as is.
What a fun idea to do.
Post a Comment