Then we went home and chilled for a bit until it was time for Jillian's haircut. Her first haircut in a salon! And only the third haircut of her life not done by me. She was thrilled. I was thrilled to get that long mane of tangly hair off of her head. We are going to send it to Locks of Love next week. Hurrah! She felt pretty darn special in the salon when everyone was cheering for her and telling her how cute she looked.
When we got home from the haircut, Kyle decided we should go out to eat. So the kids chose Red Robin. Then I decided we needed a couple more books for our Halloween collection, so we stopped at Barnes and Noble. The night ended with a happy Jillian flipping her new hair, twisting her cute earrings, and reading her new book. Man, are we nice parents or what?
Another note: J was totally cracking me up because I told the hairstylist I wanted an A-line bob as her style, and she asked what an Alien Bob was. Then she came home and told Hayden she had an Alien Blob haircut. So funny! When I asked Kara if she wanted earrings, she said yes. And then she said "and braces too?" That girl is obsessed with braces!
Here are some photos of the big event. I can't wait any longer for the video to upload.
If they are in a weird order, blame Blogger. For some reason it will only show me the code. Lame-o.
I shall reveal the giveaway winner tomorrow! I bought some cute tissue paper today to pack the goodies in. Lucky someone!
10 comments:
Wow. Totally cute hair. I can't believe how long it was before! A girl after my own heart if she gets excited about a book.
yeah Jillian! That does sound like a great day.
Cute hair Jillian, and way to go donating it! I made the picture large enough to see the earrings too, so cute!
I'm getting so excited to see if I win this fabulous giveaway too, my fingers are cramped from being crossed for so long. ;D
Oh man, if it's not too late, I am in for your giveaway!!! I would love some of your fave things. I have loved your fashion forward- I am learning a lot. :-) This was a fun post- what a great day with your daughter. Love the pics.
Jillian is an amazing young woman! To donate her hair like that takes a lot of courage (and time to grow!) Her service will make someone so happy. Cute earrings!
Hugs to you too Amy! and to the rest of the family! I can't believe how grown up J is! So beautiful - just like her mom :)
Happy fall from New England!
Heart, anna banana
Jillian looks so cute! What a big day for her!
Amy - hopefully I can help with your Blogger woes. I experienced the sae thing for a long time. It seemed to happen out of nowhere. Check your page where you are composing. There should be two tabs. Yours may be (by default) always at the "Edit HTML" tab. Try clicking on the "Compose" tab.
I have actually been grateful that I dealt with the HTML format for so long, because now if I run in to a jam in picture order, I flip it to the HTML format again, and cut and paste pics in the correct order, and then switch back to the "compose" format to make sure it went smoothly. Anyway - I hope that helps! If there is not a compose tab showing, write to blogger and ask where it went!
So grown up!
Love the haircut!! She totally looks and acts older than 8! What a good girl, must be because she has such a nice mama. Cute pictures, sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday!
Post a Comment