Monday, October 12, 2009

Quintessential Fall Outing


On Saturday we enjoyed a sunny fall afternoon at a local orchard and pumpkin patch. The only thing missing was freshly made pumpkin donuts. You Michiganders know what I'm talking about! They did have apple crisp, but we were too late. I tried to talk them into starting a donut stand last year, but apparently they didn't listen. And that is a very sad thing. But we got beautiful apples, great big pumpkins for free!, and some good photos too. How advantageous that right in the middle of the orchard there was a stack of old wooden apple boxes. Enjoy the photos. I'm certainly enjoying the apples. I can't wait to make chunky applesauce and can it. I'm also going to dry some apples. And make a pie, and a crisp, and muffins, and pancakes.


My sister Shauna and her daughter Malia, whom I must call Ma"nee"a because Kara does.

How to choose just one!

The two KJ's in the patch.
post signature

5 comments:

Becky said...

HI Amy,
I am interested in your favorite things! If I win you might have to wait for a few months until we are back in MI though.
Also I follow your blog and have the advantage of Japan time, so I can be one of the first to comment!!

jan said...

I miss Michigan in the fall especially for the doughnuts, Yummy. Looks like a perfect day for apple picking. I am not a follower yet, but to get your favorite things maybe I will subscribe. Miss you all.

Cheri said...

I love the picture of Kyle and Kara. What a fun outing!

East Millcreek Wilsons said...

I've already had a couple donuts, but I'd be happy to go get another pumpkin one and think of you while I eat it. Love all the pics

Michael Family said...

Yum. I want to do that too.