Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Couple quick things:

I'm reading Breaking Dawn, the latest installment in Stephenie Meyer's vampire/werewolf/annoying American teenager saga. I'm not enjoying it. Those of you who did, please help me have a reason to keep reading. SPOILER ALERT: Bella just gave birth to her vampire/human spawn and Jacob just imprinted on her, the one with the ridiculous name. Really? Really? Come on. I'm gagging. Does it get better?

I realize I set myself up for ridicule with my allergy post. Feel free to make fun of me, since most of you already have. I deserve it.

I love Craigslist. We got rid of our old bed (which I was going to give away for free) for $75 in less than 24 hours and had multiple people wanting it. Yippee! Now I should think of more things to get rid of. So easy. So profitable.

The Office and Ugly Betty return tonight, among others. Let's hope for a good TV season, shall we? We'll all be sitting at home (saving gas), wearing thick sweaters (rising energy costs) and gnawing on wheat kernels (you know, all that food storage). How's that economy working out for you?

Happy weekend, coming soon!

Amy

10 comments:

Michael Family said...

Craigslist is also my friend. I recently got cheap things (lawnmower, etc) for our house on it, plus a free fridge. Can't beat that. As for Office, whoo-hoo. As for the economy, all this talk is making me scared that we are closing on a house tomorrow. But we do have wheat.

Leslie said...

sorry amy Breaking Dawn doesn't get any better!!! I think Alyssa could have come up with something more creative.. :)

Leslie said...

sorry amy Breaking Dawn doesn't get any better!!! I think Alyssa could have come up with something more creative.. :)

Polliwog said...

You know I'm your TV watching buddy. The Office was great, ER was l-a-m-e. D and I are also enjoying The Fringe, Heroes, and The Biggest Loser this season.

Mandie said...

Unfortunately Amy, I don't think you will like the rest of Breaking Dawn. I didn't love it like the others, and I don't even think you liked the others, right? The turn Meyer's took threw me off a little, but because I loved the others, it turned out okay for me. As far as the economy, we will be stuck in my parents basement forever!

Maren Hansen said...

Didn't like Breaking Dawn much either. Sadness. I just LOVED the first two. Oh, well, there are other great writers out there...

Kelly(M&M) said...

I came on here to see if you posted about the race yet. It was great meeting you! Now I have one more reason to bond with you- I am not liking Breaking Dawn either. I put it down the night that Edward asked Jacob to help him father a baby for Bella. Ugh!!! I have been trudging through it. At this rate, I will never finish it. Let me know if you think it gets any better.

Amy D said...

Nope. No reason to keep going. The only reason to keep plodding through is just to see how it ends. I'm just really not a big fan of those books. Call me crazy.

Drewmeister said...

Breaking Dawn is certainly not my favorite of the series. I think this book was a letdown--trying to close up too many loose ends and going beyond the realm of believability (even for a vampire/werewolf fantasy book)

Melissa said...

I totally agree with you about Breaking Dawn. I have about 200 pages left, and I'm struggling... I have to finish it, but I'm not motivated.