Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pacific Ocean

A week ago we met some old friends from Boston, who now live in Portland, at the coast for the day. They were camping at Cape Perpetua. It was a 2 hour drive from our house to their campsite, and we passed some beautiful scenery along the way while driving up the coastal highway. Here are some pictures from our day. I can't wait to go back! I think we'll go next summer for a few days and stay in an inn or rent a house. The sheer amount of sand my children collected on their bodies was enough to splurge for a shower! But the campsite was gorgeous and our friends were so generous to share their yummy dinner with us. Enjoy! Lots more pictures to come in future posts.

Amy

PS -- Hurrah for Kwame Kilpatrick's resignation! Detroit needs a better leader. I hope things begin to improve.
Kara peeks out from her hobbit hole on our short hike to the widest Sitka Spruce tree in Oregon. Not the tallest, mind you, just the widest.

The tide was out and I was watching Kara, so this picture is from far away. Jillian was gung ho about splashing and swimming in the cold water. She had a blast!

Hayden got a little wetter than he wanted and spent a good amount of time relaxing in his chair.

Who wrote this in the sand? How romantic of him!

We found sand dollars on our beach walk. I always love to explore along the beach and look for treasures.

We were so excited to see the tidepools, but there were NO animals to be found. Watching the crashing waves was pretty cool, though.

8 comments:

mama bear said...

Is Kara walking already?! What a little cutie-pie, and it looks like you had a great day on the coast. Looks like fun!

Mandy said...

Thanks for joining us! We had a blast too!

Polliwog said...

Um, hello, do you REALLY have the same background as me on your blog? ;)
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, so they tell me.

What a fun trip. Thanks for all the pics.

Polliwog said...

Okay, I changed my background. It was time. Maybe your using it was a subtle hint that my turn was over? :)

Your hubby is oh-so romantic, btw.

amydear said...

That's so funny, Polliwog. It was totally subconscious. I was having trouble getting one to load, so just grabbed this one because I was running out of time. I'll have to see what you have now.

jan said...

Looks like a fun trip. I love the pic of KJ standing and the video of her walking.She is getting so big.

Amy D said...

Awesome pics. That message in the sand from Kyle reminds me of our trip to Prince Edward Island. Can we come meet you next summer? :)

amydear said...

Yes, Yes, a thousand times yes! Come visit us, any of you, pleeeaaassseeee. It is so fun here, or it will be with you.