Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bye bye, babyhood

Wow! Since turning one, Kara's leaving all vestiges of babyhood in her wake as she begins to toddle towards age 2. It's exciting and sad at the same time. She's walking more and more every day, and I just realized she's learning to talk. We were reading a book about baby animals (I know, big surprise, since there are about 1,000 baby books about baby animals). Kara pointed to the sheep and said "Baa". It took me a while to realize what she did, and then I thought it might have just been a fluke. Then last night she said "Moo" and "Neigh" and I thought "hey, we're really onto something here." She knows a few more words, and is calling herself "Berra" or "Boo", but here's a sampling of her animal sounds. Just too cute not to post. And I'm sorry for my baby voice, but that's how you get the good footage, right?

Also, we checked in at the pediatrician yesterday for her 12 month visit. She is off the charts for weight (nearly 26 pounds), 95th percentile for height, and 90th percentile for her head. It's reassuring to know that 10% of babies her age have a bigger noggin, because hers is quite pronounced. But I'm pleased to report her hair seems to be growing, and I can even put the tiniest clip in it. It looks silly, though, so I don't. Maybe she can slow down her body growth and speed up the hair growth. I'll talk to her about it.

Thanks for letting my brag about my baby! She's a cutie and I love her. Even when she's tearing the toilet paper apart, taking the garbage out of the garbage cans, unfolding all of my folded laundry, throwing random objects from my bathroom into the bathtub, opening the front door by herself and going outside (really!) and causing all sorts of chaos. I guess that's how I know she's really a toddler, right?

The Proud Mom

9 comments:

amy said...

Love the bald head.
She is a cutie patootey who needs to be bragged about every once in awhile.

Michael Family said...

She is way beyond what Katie was for animal sounds! Go Kara. She is so cute!

Polliwog said...

Ah, she's just adorable. And brilliant. Just like her mommy. ;) I loved the footage. And brag all you want, we love to hear it!

Leslie said...

man I can't beleive how much she has grown up!! what a cute little voice. I love it when kids start talking!! :)

Mandie said...

I just want to kiss those chubby cheeks!

Amy D said...

I'm sad to be missing out on such a cute Veggie Bunch baby!

jan said...

She is so cute and looking quite grown up, well not as much of a baby look anymore.

mama bear said...

What a cute little one-year-old! Wow, has it already been a year?!

Angie said...

Wow is she really that big and that old now? THat flew by!