Now, in Kyle's defense I have to say that he didn't say any of these things meanly, just like a man. No oohing and aahing and not even a "hey, I like that." Oh well, I like the new touches, and that's what matters.
One more. On Sunday during church (when Kara was being extra naughty and wouldn't sit still, which is the norm now) Kyle decided to switch her car seat from rear to forward-facing. I hadn't done it yet because she didn't seem to be bothered by facing the back of the car, her legs weren't getting squished, and because I knew I would have to read the owner's manual to the car to figure out how to use the LATCH and tether systems. I also wanted to clean the seat. Well, imagine my surprise when I turned around on the drive home from church and saw Kara grinning at me, facing forwards. Then I noticed her seat. Kyle thought it still had to be installed at a almost 45 degree angle, so it was tilted all weird. Great. His response "Well, now you'll have to fix it, but at least I did something to get you to put it in." Yeah. Because I was probably going to leave her rear-facing until at least her 10th birthday. Whew. You saved us!
So upon arriving at home I had the privilege of installing the car seat correctly, which meant not only sitting in a stuffy garage reading the car manual, but crawling around in the back of the van in my skirt. It was so awesome.
Kyle is a great husband, but still a man. And sometimes men do silly things. But I love him, and I wouldn't trade him for anyone.
Amy
8 comments:
We have those same pillows on our couch (though a different color). I absolutely loved them until EVERY SINGLE friend that came over tried to pull that *&!@ button off--and usually succeeded. Hopefully you have tamer friends over to visit. And Kyle, we love you! Those are classic comments.
I like them!
Wayne once said, after I got some sort of accessory for decorating, "When will it end? Will you always be trying to furnish the house?" Um, yes. But after a while he said, "You made this place look really nice." So there.
Seriously, men just don't get it! I love all the little touches, and can't wait to do some of that for myself next year. How was the salsafest?
I'd trade him. :)
This is such a funny post! I am glad to hear you are enjoying your new place. Thanks for the laughs. -Lindsey from A2
Men are totally like that. They don't mean it wrong, but they don't exactly act the way we want them too. oh well.
BOY...I'm missing out!
Post a Comment