So, one of my absolute favorite times is upon us, the start of college football season. I like watching college football, within reason. It's a fun way to spend some time with Kyle, I understand the game pretty well, and I have fond memories of going to BYU football (yes, BYU, you Ute people!) games for four years when we lived in Utah. I went to one game in the Big House, but that doesn't make me a Michigan fan. I actually rooted for Utah when they played Michigan this weekend. I want the MWC to look good. Then maybe they'll get a legitimate network to broadcast their games. It was painful to watch the BYU game on the mtn. ("The Mountain") network on Saturday. It looked like some guy with a Sony handycam was filming, hoping to post a good play on You Tube. The filming was TERRIBLE, and they kept missing parts of plays showing shots of the sidelines. AUGH! We were tortured going back and forth between BYU/Northern Iowa (who??) and Utah/Michigan, because the Utah game was in HD and looked about 20 times better. The poor BYU game looked like it was filmed in the 80's. Kyle promises me that we won't always have to watch them on that terrible network. We'd better not, because it's costing us an arm and a leg to get the stations that show the games.Then Oregon beat UW handily, despite their ugly uniforms, and BYU faces UW this weekend. I hope we win, because Kyle tells me we are the BCS darling this year. I think that's a good thing, but I'd rather not use the word "darling" to describe a football team. Kyle and I are going to the Oregon/Boise State game in a couple of weeks. I'm going to have to get a Ducks shirt, since I don't own anything in that obnoxious color green or yellow they use. Maybe I can get a shirt with tire tread on the shoulders. Hayden has one and just loves to wear it.
Are you sick of my football talk already? I promise one more interesting thing that has nothing to do with football at the end of the post. You can keep reading, or just skip down. Did anyone see the end of the UCLA/Tennessee game tonight? It was awesome! Totally fun to watch. And I knew the Tennessee kicker was going to botch his field goal attempt. Sad for him, but cool for UCLA.
It's going to be a great fall! Go Cougs! Go Ducks! Good luck, Wolverines! Who's your favorite team to watch?
And now, my non-football announcement: we got invited to a Labor Day luau. We went, we socialized, the kids swam, we wore leis, good times were had by all! I ate some delicious pork just to celebrate the occasion. I decided that I'm not cut out to be a vegetarian. It only made me tired. And bored of food. Another good thing, people must be trying to call us, because they tell me all the time that my phone number doesn't work. But that is fodder for another post -- the rant and rave kind.
Rah rah, rah rah rah, Goooooooo Cougars!
I couldn't help that last one.
Amy
5 comments:
Amy,
I'm glad to read a post after my own heart! And yes I watched all of those games too. But are you the least bit surprised? We got to watch the BYU game on our computer via the Sling Box. The only good thing about it is we can watch the games in London too. I can't wait to see pics of you in your ducks shirt. It's always a highlight for our family when the ducks play their first game of the season just to see what atrocious uniforms the team will be wearing.
Welcome back to the dark side. Who can resist tender pulled pork at a luau?
Big Blue will always be at USU for me (he's the mascot.) We shall also never forgive the Y for stealing our (much better) shade of blue.
See, you're more popular than you think!! Keep it up, Slick - people like you!!
Amy,
It seems we have more and more in common. I don't meet other wives very often who enjoy football like I do. In fact, Jeff and I bought tickets to the BYU/Washington game this weekend, and I was one of the only women going. Unfortunately, our babysitting didn't work out, so it will be a guys' trip after all, but I definitely would LOVE to be there. I look forward to meeting you in person in a few weeks.
Post a Comment