Friday, February 24, 2012

Fashion Friday - Whatchabeenwearing?

So, I have a few outfits for you. With awkward photos. Are you excited?? I've been trying to wear more prints and patterns this year, and I've tried to take a few photos of the results. I've also tried on a few outfits that seemed "fashionable", but didn't feel like ME. So I took them off. I have a few things on my wishlist for Spring 2012. I am excited that kelly green seems to be a strong color. It's my favorite green, so you can bet I'll be wearing it.

Without further ado, your inspiration (or laugh) for the day:

Here is an outfit that is quintessentially me. It was a drizzly day, so I wore my polka dot rain boots (Target) when I was out and about. The sweater is from Old Navy ($5) and has two of my faves -- stripes and green. The houndstooth umbrella is a perfect accessory, and adds another pattern into the mix.


Closeup of my initial necklace. Have I showed you this before? It is made from an old typewriter key and I got it from this Etsy store.

I got this blouse on clearance ($10). It has quite a bit of volume, so I have to wear it carefully. Sometimes I wear it under a cardigan, but this Sunday I wanted to be bold and wear the floral print. The blouse has some pleating detail around the neckline. I paired it with a pencil skirt from LOFT and a belt that is fastened in an interesting way. You can find the tutorial here.

This is my outfit today. I bought a bold printed t-shirt on sale at Old Navy ($4.50 -- I am such a bargain shopper, huh??) and wanted to try it out. The silhouette isn't normally one I go for (kinda flowy in the midsection), but this is what's trending now, so I thought I should give it a shot. I feel a little bit loud today, but it's fun, too.

I am having a bit of a shoe crisis. I feel like I never have the right shoes for my outfits. So I picked up these last weekend at Payless ($20). They match everything and nothing. They are so comfortable. Jillian calls them my "hippie slippers". I'm just glad she won't want to borrow them. I think the stripes play nicely off the louder shirt. With so much pattern, I opted out of loads of accessories. Just some simple earrings and I'm dressed for my Friday of pretending to do housework while instead sitting on the couch and finishing my book.

What's fun about this shirt is the back is a different print. Jillian asked me if I knew that the back of my shirt didn't match the front. Yup, I know.

Can you see my shoes?


Happy Weekend! I'm trying to start my birthday celebrating early with game night, friends over, ice cream, and going out to eat. Whoo hoo!

post signature

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I love it. The last photo made me laugh! Party hearty, birthday girl. I'm sure you'll look cute doing it!

Michael Family said...

I don't think that shirt is too loud. I saw that striped sweater at Old Navy on clearance a few months ago, and totally was about to buy it. But I didn't because they only had XL. But I thought of you. :)

Britney said...

I love all the outfits that you put together. And you accsessorize really well too. I need to to better on that. Come over and look through my clothes with me.....I need new combos :)