Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Taste of Tuesday - Romantic Family Dinner




Happy Valentine's Day! We're going to have our annual romantic family dinner tonight. We've been doing this for about five years, and it's been a big hit! The kids love eating some of their favorite foods by candlelight. Jillian really enjoys setting the table and making it pretty with heart decor and candies. And Kyle and I like to play footsies under the table and wink at each other.

Le Menu

Filet Mignon with butter thyme sauce
Fettuccine Alfredo
Homemade rolls with homemade jam
Roasted asparagus and carrots
Green beans
Fruit salad (maybe even Jello??)
Sparkling juice

I'm still deciding about dessert. We often have molten chocolate cake, but today I might be in the mood for chocolate pots de creme. Whichever dessert I choose, it will be served with whipped cream, raspberry sauce, and chocolate shavings. And it will be delicious!

Hope you enjoy your romantic day too, and spend it with people you love.


post signature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How is Hayden so stinkin' cute as a little boy? Gets it from his mom, I guess.

Michael Family said...

Yum I want to come over. We are having steak, green beans, twice-baked potatoes, and flourless chocolate cake with raspberry puree and whipped cream. Our dinners are similar, but yours sounds better!

Amy D said...

Sounds delicious! Your lucky family!

Polliwog said...

Yum! I took the easy out this year and bought a Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizza. I did make lava cakes, though. Important stuff first, right? :) Happy V-day!!

Sweeney Household said...

I think I'd like to attend your Romantic Family Dinner! (I'd even bring Brian to play footsies under the table with.) The menu sounded amazing. That is a great tradition. LOVE it.