Saturday, February 11, 2012

Only at the Veggie House

One night this week we had Indian food for dinner. Thanks to Trader Joe's, we can have an Indian dinner that is just as good as you might eat in a restaurant. On the menu was basmati rice, naan bread, masala sauce with chicken and sweet potato, and vegetables. The veggies were an organic frozen mix from TJ's. The mix included carrots, peas, corn, and beans. Hayden happily ate everything on his plate -- except the sweet potatoes and the veggie mix. When I told him he could skip the sweet potatoes if he ate the veggies, he declined, informing me that he wasn't going to eat any terrible canned vegetables. When I informed him that the vegetables were actually frozen, not canned, and that he had never eaten a canned pea in his life, he continued to complain. "Why would you ever make me eat these things? I just want some fresh vegetables," he moaned. And on and on it went. Kyle and I were smirking on the sidelines as Hayden berated those "terrible" frozen vegetables and asked for a salad. In the end, I think he ate some of them. Perhaps I should put him on a raw food diet? Or feed him a can of peas.


post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha! You've made a food snob out of him. Good job.

Michael Family said...

Oh yeah, feed him canned peas. Those are awful. That's funny. Can you have Hayden teach James about the virtues of eating his dinner?