Sunday, March 4, 2012

Favorites Files

I love to buy gifts for people and give people things. It's my love language. I really enjoy giving (and sometimes making) people thoughtful things, and looking at tangible objects people have given me reaffirms their love for me.  Kyle would rather spend quality time together, or have physical affection.  He doesn't care as much about thoughtful gifts, notes, etc.  But there are many occasions where gifts are appropriate.  I had a birthday this week, and it was fun to receive several small gifts.  I like to do the same, and I wish I could have a "favorites file" for all the friends, family, acquaintances, and teachers I need and want to give gifts to.  Here's mine:

Favorite treat:  Dark chocolate.  I don't really care for milk chocolate at all.
Favorite flower:   I like most flowers, but am allergic to lilies and flowers that put off a lot of scent.
Favorite candy:  jelly bellies
Favorite dessert: cookies
Favorite color:  green
Favorite things:  Reading, exercising, cooking, traveling
Ears pierced?:  Yes
Like jewelry?:  Yes
Favorite kind of music: Most - including jazz, Bollywood, classical, and folk. Excluding death metal.
Favorite book genre: historical fiction
Favorite magazines: cooking, home design, health and fitness
Always love to receive:  Fresh bread, homemade items, gift cards, lunch treat, phone call, snail mail notes

See?  How helpful.  Sometimes I am choosing gifts and I wonder, what if she hates dark chocolate?  What if she's allergic to flowers?  What if she doesn't have her ears pierced? What's his favorite restaurant?  I think I'm going to start a favorites files.

Leave a comment on a few of your favorites.  I'll pick one (randomly) and deliver a favorite to you!  Contest ends Friday, March 9th.

 post signature

2 comments:

Michael Family said...

Hmm, that is funny that gifts is your love language. It strikes me that I should have figured that out a loooong time ago. I told Wayne that gifts is not my love language, but when I DON'T get a gift for my birthday, mother's day, etc. that is NOT COOL! But I digress. My faves are See's candies, anything to do with cycling, and anything self-indulgent. :)

Mandie said...

I would've guessed gifts for your love language. I am so bad at the gift/card thing. Mine is service, so can you come over and watch my kids? Oh wait... We sure miss you guys. I too love dark chocolate, especially with nuts or caramel and I love handmade things too.