Monday, February 6, 2012

Artist in Residence

I am currently a patron to a budding artiste. She doesn't keep her room very clean, but I think that's her artistic temperament coming through, you know, creativity and all that. She's been taking art lessons for a few years now, and she loves to draw, paint, sketch, and create. I got her this book on felt crafting for Christmas (for $5) and she has made so many projects from it. Here are some of her recent paintings:

A van Gogh-inspired landscape. This one is often hanging in our hallway. I'd like to frame it, but I'm not sure if it can be taken off the canvas frame. I need to take it into a framing store and see. I think it would look even better, and more professional, in a frame.

A cake painting inspired by these. We'll hang this one when it's someone's birthday. Conveniently, it's Jillian's birthday in about 10 days.

A little puppy painting. The only dog Jillian will ever have in her room long-term. So cute, huh?

It's so interesting to see this talent develop. Even though I'm creative and artistic, I can't draw at all. Jillian's ability wows me. My grandmother was a painter, and I have a very talented brother, so I'm excited to watch Jillian continue to learn and get even better.

post signature

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Go Bean

Cheri said...

Wow! She has talent! It will be awesome to see where her hard work takes her.

Mandy said...

Amazing! I especially love the landscape.

Michael Family said...

Those are really good. She is so impressive! I like her style.

Steph said...

Those are impressive. It's so fun to watch your kids find their talents.

ellen said...

Would she make another cake painting to sell to a fan in Boston?

Lindsey said...

Wow! Such talent! I am always amazed at people who can draw & paint. I don't have an ounce of talent in that department, so I am totally impressed by others who do. I wonder if you could frame the landscape painting and still leave it on the canvas frame. I've seen that costco is now offering canvas prints with frames. I don't know anything about it other than I just saw it as an option when I ordered a canvas print recently.

mama bear said...

Wow, she is really good! I have always wanted to be a painter but I just don't have the talent. I am excited to see how her work evolves as she matures and takes more lessons. She is amazing!