Monday, February 20, 2012

Playing Favorites


Kara's my favorite child. She's easy to get along with, she entertains herself for hours on end, she slept well as a baby, I lost her baby weight easiest and fastest, and she's darn cute. Kara is also the child who I waited for the longest. Her birth came after two unsuccessful pregnancies. She looks most like her Dad and we didn't find out her gender until she was born. She likes to help me do things, and she also knows how to give me space to get things done. She loves to have her hair done and be dressed up.




Well, maybe Hayden's my favorite. He's the only boy. He can be a great worker when he puts his mind to it. He's always up for a game. He likes to help in the kitchen and he compliments my cooking the most. He loves salad like me, and he also loves mint chocolate chip ice cream because I ate it a ton when I was pregnant with him. Hayden is built like his Dad, but actually looks most like me in his facial features. He still needs me to help him with lots of things, and he likes a hug before bed every night. He's a smart boy who is going to continue to do amazing things.


It's hard not to think that Kate is my favorite. She is the baby, after all. And she loves me so much. She loves to come into bed with me in the morning and fall asleep right with me. We spend most of our time together, and she is learning so much. She stands by me on the stool in my bathroom while I get ready, and I pretend to do her makeup while I do mine. Kate has always been such a pretty girl with lots of personality. She makes me smile all the time. I understand her speech better than anyone. I love her cute little face and even cuter little legs. I'm even waiting on taking away her binky because I know how much she loves it.



Of course I'll always have a special place in my heart for Jillian. She is my firstborn, and my first daughter. I learned how to be a parent through raising Jillian, and she's been incredibly forgiving of my weaknesses. She is incredibly helpful and I rely on her a lot. We went shopping together this weekend for her birthday and had a really nice time. She is compassionate and kind. We have good talks. Jillian is also so talented and bright. I really enjoy seeing how creative she is in her artwork and crafts. She's very responsible about getting her school work done too. I can always count on her. I feel like she's growing up quickly. We only have about 6.5 years together before she goes away to college. I can't believe how fast it's gone.

I'm pretty lucky to have four favorite children. I hope I'm their favorite Mom too.


post signature

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute post, Amy. Of course you're their favorite!

Cheri said...

ohhh! I love this! What a fun read. Have a great week with your four favorite children. I KNOW you are their favorite mom!

Mandy said...

Awww, that is sweet!

Favorite Husband said...

I'll give you one better than that. You are probably their favorite parent. Dad is too stingy and doesn't like trampolines.