Friday, February 3, 2012

Fashion Friday - Dress Down

I picked up this dress on (you'll never guess) a Target clearance rack in the fall. After I washed it, dried it, and ironed it, it ended up a wee bit short for church wear. So I challenged myself to wear it a different way. Here's the result. When I find a slip with an edge that can show (crochet or thicker lace), I'll try to wear the dress as a dress. We'll see. I felt like the scarf ended up making me look a bit like a flight attendant, but I wanted the outfit to have a pop of color. In the end, I didn't have enough time to work the outfit just right, but I still like the overall look.


I needed a vest this morning when I took the girls to school. It was a nippy 39 degrees.


post signature

3 comments:

Polliwog said...

I love the scarf. Cuter than any flight attendant I've ever seen :) ... and I love that the pictures get big. Yay!! Cute with jeggings. I did this last year with a tunic shirt I got at target and some high boots. I just haven't been able to fit back into that shirt this year. Boo!

Britney said...

You are so good about branching out with your outfits. Take me shopping with you! CUTE!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Love the boots and the belt. Everything you throw together looks really cute. Btw I also loved that outfit a few weeks ago with the elbow-padded sweater. So you!