Be Your Best Self
Yep, that's what I'm trying to do. I'm going to roll out an upgrade and become Amy version Awesome, or something like that. Here are some specifics:
Body
- Be fit. Not a certain weight, not a certain size, just fit. Clothes fit well, body feels good, always exercising and being active, trying new things.
- Eat well. Less sugar, more vegetables, more whole grains. Eat responsibly and organic within budget restraints. Take vitamins as needed.
- Smile. Be happy. Give hugs. Be more affectionate where needed.
Mind
- Learn to meditate. Take time to feel the quiet and calm.
- Read good books. Put down ones that aren't.
- Less TV, more games.
- Write something.
Spirit
- Read the Book of Mormon every day in 2012.
- Memorize several B of M scriptures (I've already done four!).
- Continue with meaningful prayer, fasting, and scripture study.
- Read other gospel literature.
- Attend the temple 6 times.
Relationships
- Be unselfish in marriage. Meet more of Kyle's needs.
- Cultivate better friendships with children. Have more talks. Play more.
- Continue to encourage relationships with extended family.
- Be a good friend.
Other
- Do 2 family photo books.
- Have a wonderful garden this year, use produce well.
- Take several day trips to Oregon sites with kids/family.
- Go on a camping trip.
- Finish sewing/organizing projects
I try to think about my mantra every morning. This works especially well when I'm driving home from the gym. I think about how I'm going to be my best self on that particular day, with every interaction and task. So far it has made the days pretty good. I'm hoping it will become a habit that will help me to improve and be a better person throughout the year.
How about you? Any phrase or mantra for the year? Any goals?
Body
- Be fit. Not a certain weight, not a certain size, just fit. Clothes fit well, body feels good, always exercising and being active, trying new things.
- Eat well. Less sugar, more vegetables, more whole grains. Eat responsibly and organic within budget restraints. Take vitamins as needed.
- Smile. Be happy. Give hugs. Be more affectionate where needed.
Mind
- Learn to meditate. Take time to feel the quiet and calm.
- Read good books. Put down ones that aren't.
- Less TV, more games.
- Write something.
Spirit
- Read the Book of Mormon every day in 2012.
- Memorize several B of M scriptures (I've already done four!).
- Continue with meaningful prayer, fasting, and scripture study.
- Read other gospel literature.
- Attend the temple 6 times.
Relationships
- Be unselfish in marriage. Meet more of Kyle's needs.
- Cultivate better friendships with children. Have more talks. Play more.
- Continue to encourage relationships with extended family.
- Be a good friend.
Other
- Do 2 family photo books.
- Have a wonderful garden this year, use produce well.
- Take several day trips to Oregon sites with kids/family.
- Go on a camping trip.
- Finish sewing/organizing projects
I try to think about my mantra every morning. This works especially well when I'm driving home from the gym. I think about how I'm going to be my best self on that particular day, with every interaction and task. So far it has made the days pretty good. I'm hoping it will become a habit that will help me to improve and be a better person throughout the year.
How about you? Any phrase or mantra for the year? Any goals?
4 comments:
I love your mantra and your goals. You will have a great 2012 with that attitude. Thanks for your comment on my post. I am sorry for the things that you went through also. I know I am not alone in this.
I think I'll just copy and paste these to my blog!! I think you set great goals that are within reach for all of us.
Aftr reading this post my mantra is "Be more like Amy"
LOve this post! Yeah, just like everyone else I am going to try and be more like you. Can I come over for games and veggies from your lovey garden?
Post a Comment