Friday, October 10, 2008

Really Really Ridiculously Good-Looking

My fam, sans moi, that is. BTW, I am totally loving the word sans lately. For all you non-French speakers out there (though I can hardly count myself as a French speaker), it means "without." But sans sounds so much cooler. You should all use it once or twice and see how cool you feel. Then report back. End tangent.

Before we left the state shaped like a mitten and surrounded by Great Lakes, we had some family photos taken by this talented lady at some gardens not far from our house. I wanted to post a few of my favorite shots. I do have to say, though, that the humidity was not doing great things for my hair, which was (surprise, surprise) cut too short just days earlier by yet another stylist with cotton balls in her ears. Let it be known that I am GROWING MY HAIR OUT (I soooo miss my ponytail) and I will not stand for any willy-nilly cutting. I may have Kyle trim the back for a few months because I am seriously afraid of women wielding scissors. They do not listen to me. End rant.

Okay, then, on to the pictures. And one more note, (no, I am not good at staying on task tonight. I'm feeling rather fiesty! Kyle's out of town and I've got some Mike and Ike's and a chick flick to occupy my time. And I haven't cleaned the bathrooms this week! I'm letting loose, I tell you.)
I forgot my camera today and thus missed documenting Kara's first carousel ride. She had a very serious look on her face while riding the "neigh neigh", but was saying "ooh" by then end. What a champ. Happy weekend! Go Cougars!


13 comments:

Michael Family said...

I have noticed the sans usage. Very non-cliche. Nice. Cute pics, I love them! I am glad I have a copy :)

Ken and Amy said...

Wow...I hope that picture is in your Christmas card this year. Those are excellent pictures. Which gardens were they taken at?

You haven't cleaned your bathrooms this week? So not like you! You really are letting loose! Enjoy your Mike & Ike's, watch your chick flick and finish those turkeys (November is right around the corner!)

Polliwog said...

The photos are beautiful. I love your choice of browns. And of course, everyone (including you!) looks amazing. Those kids are pretty darn cute.

Unknown said...

I love the one where Kara's tongue is coming out of her mouth a little bit. And I am so sad about the lack of a camera yesterday too!

ellen said...

Love the photos!!

Megann said...

what great pictures! you two look exactly the same as you did in college. EXACTLY the same. the only difference is those 3 kids that keep showing up in your pictures. seriously....where did they come from?!

Megann said...

what great pictures! you two look exactly the same as you did in college. EXACTLY the same. the only difference is those 3 kids that keep showing up in your pictures. seriously....where did they come from?!

Angie said...

Aw, cute family! Those pics are awesome.

Amy D said...

Awesome photos! Everybody looks so good--including you sans long hair.

amydear said...

Great use of "sans", AmyD. You make me proud. Megs, I don't know why those kids keep showing up. They've practically moved in. Kind of cramping my style, but at least they're cute.

Mary Poppins said...

glad you found me! as a french speaker, i've long been a fan of "sans." lovely pictures. glad to know you're all doing well.

Mandie said...

Do I get one! I would really love to have a family picture of you guys. You guys certainly are rediculously good looking in these pictures!

rebecca said...

So glad I found your blog...thanks for the comment on mine. I am loving these family photos of yours! I'm so impressed, esp. since we ATTEMPTED family pictures today...oh my, we didn't fair nearly as well as you did. I can't believe how big your kids are, yet you and Kyle look exactly the same:) You look great!